Sunday, January 1, 2012

What can I say?

It's been over two years since I blogged last... Life has been busy and I have not made my blog a priority, that's for sure! So much has happened in the last two years...

Audrey has grown into a beautiful, SMART and sassy little girl. She amazes me every single day! She has such a sense of humor for a kiddo her age.. never a dull moment at our house! I hope she never loses her spunk or spirit.. she will do big things in her life, I am sure! Hopefully I can keep up on this blogging thing from now on so I can document some of her daily hilarity.

I also changed jobs this last summer. Leaving the center I worked at for over 7 years (my whole adult life!!) was so scary. Ultimately, this was the best choice for me. Being so incredibly unhappy at my job affected my family and life at home and now things couldn't be better! I love working at Appletree. I love my coworkers (most of them, lol), the room/age I am working with and my new boss is amazing! I am still learning the ropes there, but I do have to say I am rockin' it out as a lead teacher!

Another huge change this year: I went back to school!! I decided that paying on student loans for a degree I never finished was just plain silly. I went back this summer and got dean's list for both semesters since I have been back.. GO ME! Because I have only been taking 6 credits a semester I will finish in a little more than a year, depending on what classes are offered over the summer. Working full-time and going to school makes things stressful but I just keep reminding myself that I only have one more year!

So here's to the big changes of last year and a great new year! Hopefully I can do better at keeping this thing updated!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment